Monday, March 26, 2007

Let's Cook

I am still ETLing and I am really getting thin, I am noticing more and more each day that I am losing so much weight on ETL. I have decided that I am going to the Dr. for a full blood work up. I have been getting sick too much lately and my hairdresser told me the other day that I lost too much hair when she washed and combed it(that really scared me). I could be missing some important nutritional component??? So I ordered vitamins today, I got a multi vitamin, a DHA supplement and a vitamin D supplement for healthy hair and nails. Also I think I may have to up my calories a bit.

Anyway as I mentioned before ETL is a fabulous way to eat but the recipes are a bit lacking, so the past few months I stuck to the same old stuff and was not really cooking anything interesting. The other day I took out all of my vegan cookbooks and decided to be creative and cook something fun again, only I would leave out the oil if possible and reduce salt to fit into ETL guidelines. Well I made a tofu basil lasagna that I will eat tonight, last night I made a Thai Coconut Curry soup, it was so good. Also I made a salad with greens, dried cherries, dried apricots, fresh organic strawberries, goji berries, orange slices, walnuts, sesame seeds and a cashew orange dressing (this is from DR. Fuhrmans site). I really need to start cooking again and eating more, I will keep everything ETL, meaning I will concentrate on beans and greens but I will not be afraid of a little tiny bit of oil for flavor.

I may even order a few new cookbooks to get me going. I want the Native Foods Cookbook and Real Food Daily Cookbook, they come in a set on Amazon so I may buy them tonight. Anyway I will keep you updated on my cooking. Also I have to say Vegan with a Vengeance is my absolute Fave, I was flipping through it the other day and I realized it is the only cookbook I have that I have cooked about half the recipes and loved all of them. I can't wait till she comes out with a new one.

No comments: