Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pumpkins and Mushrooms and Lentils

This weekend I made some Pumpkin Spice Bread from the PPK website, Thanks Isa. It was very low in fat and so good. I keep thinking about it and to bad it is already gone. I am glad the others who tried it enjoyed it as well, meaning, I did not devour the whole thing on my own. Sorry no pics yet!

Also this weekend I made a lentil walnut dip that I developed from a recipe on PPK website. My recipe went something like this:
1/2 cup brown lentils
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
sauteed shallot
sauteed garlic clove
olive oil
salt
pepper
fresh rosemary
ground sage (just a tiny pinch)
dried thyme (just a tiny pinch)
Galaxy Vegan Parmesan
lemon juice
teaspoon of tamari
(next time maybe a dash of red wine)
oh yeah and some no-chicken broth to get it moving in the food processor (instead of using more oil)
Blend, blend, blend! Serve with the following chips.
-Brush some whole wheat pitas with Earth balance and baked them for 20 minutes, then break them up to whatever size you perfer and you have chips to go with my dip. DELICIOUS!

I then had a portebello mushroom covered in pesto and sun dried tomatoes(made by my mother while watching the football game), this was baked in the oven at 325 for 1/2 hour, this was beautiful. Thanks Mom.

I also was thinking about an old favorite called the "Chinatown" which is a beef(the horror) burger simmered in teryaki sauce (beef!, gag me). So instead I got Amy's All American Burgers(grain based) and marinated them in a teryaki sauce with a little olive oil. I then grilled them on the stove top, they came out delicious, better then my old fave. I served this on a sprouted grain roll with french fries and it made a perfect "Saturday Night before a Halloween Party" meal. We loved it. I think I will make them again tonight and take some pictures.

I promise more pictures are on the way.......................................................

No comments: