Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Here They Come!

This has happened to me before, after about a week of ETL I start getting rabid cravings. They get so bad that they actually scare me. I feel as though I have no control over the food I crave, especially when it is a sesame bagel with strawberry cream cheese and all I have to do is walk a few steps across the street to get it. Also I am trying to kick caffeine, which also sparks intense cravings. OHHHHH, what I would not do for an ice coffee with cream and a sesame bagel with strawberry cream cheese or/and a croissant with cheese. Ok this is tough. Also I brought in a salad today for lunch which is usually tough for me to eat. I wonder if this will ever go away.

Last night in class I was good and got a salad for dinner, I even brought some dressing I made at home, so there was no fat or salt in the salad. BUT then I proceeded to eat an almond croissant from Whole Foods, I don't know why I did it. It tasted so good but as soon as I was done I was so mad at myself, all I could think about was the croissant for the rest of the night. Why do we do this to ourselves, why do we do things that we don't want to do or things that we know are bad for us. I really need to read The Pleasure Trap, but I still have not gotten around to buying it. That will be the next book I purchase.

Here is my plan for today and I know this will be tough for me:

Breakfast- 2 clementines, banana, oats, almond milk, ginger tea, pecans

Lunch- salad with tomato, green bell pepper, avocado, red onion, tomato roasted red pepper dressing with garbanzo beans and pine nuts.

Dinner- I am not sure yet, maybe eggplant. Green smoothie

Wish me luck today, all I can think about is junk food today.

No comments: