Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I think I am liking ETL

I am on a road to recovery from SAD diet. I am working on ETL meals more and more, I am really enjoying them as well. This weekend I made the mishmash salad which has romaine, mixed greens, clementine pieces, strawberry slices, dried cherries, dried apricots, goji berries and walnuts. I made an orange cashew dressing to go over it and it was very good. Then I made Nicole's Italian Stew without the Boca sausage on Sunday. I used unsalted beans and tomatoes the only salt was the low sodium veggie broth I used. I really love salt and I feel eating without it is pointless.

Last night I made burritos with these fat free sprouted whole wheat tortillas I found at the Co-op last week, they are called Fat Flush and they were great. Also I made black beans with a sauce made of red onion, garlic, spinach, jalapeno pepper, green bell pepper, tomato, cilantro, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, marjoram, cumin, lime, pepper, paprika. I simmered the beans in this sauce for an hour and then I made re fried beans with Bearitos seasoning, I did not eat much of this because of the sodium, but it was so good. I added some chopped avocado to the tops of the burritos. Also I had steamed kale with cashew cream sauce, this was pretty good but needed salt, I did not add any. Then after all that I had my green smoothie with collards and kale and goji berries, this was very good. I tried adding broccoli sprouts to my smoothie over the weekend and it tasted horrible, maybe I just put to many in.

I have class tonight so I will have to wing it for dinner. I may have a green smoothie before I go to class that way I can just get a small salad at Whole Foods for dinner and maybe a coffee. I am telling you giving up alcohol, caffeine, and salt are the hardest things for me. For now I am just going to greatly reduce my intake and from there I will see what happens. Also I am down to 119 lbs, this is the lowest I have been in a longtime, I may try for 115 but nothing lower then that.

my plan today:
Breakfast- 2 clementines, oats soaked in almond milk with banana, 1 small cup of coffee

lunch- Italian stew with added spinach, kiwi, ginger tea

dinner- green smoothie and salad, maybe a coffee during class.

also I must work on getting come cooked greens in each day also a difficult part for me.

No comments: