Friday, February 09, 2007

Sweet Potato

Last night was my first ETL dinner back on plan. I made a sweet potato, I was not that hungry. I steamed a sweet potato and stirred in some OJ, soy milk, dates, date sugar, walnuts, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, it was so good. I could not get over how perfect it tasted, then I followed that with a green smoothie made of, kale, collards, strawberries, cherries, 1 date, goji berries, oat milk, flax seed. I have to keep in mind that I must take this very slow and that is exactly what I am doing.

I am going to make and Italian Stew either tonight or Sunday, I am leaving the Boca sausage out even though it adds great flavor. Tomorrow I am going to make Dr. Fuhrman's Mishmash Salad with orange cashew dressing, this sounds really good, I really hope I like it. I have to be the pickiest eater in the universe.

here is my meal plan today
Breakfast- oats soaked in oat milk with banana and pecans, black tea

lunch- garden veggie soup from Panera with a whole grain roll, ginger tea

dinner- I will either eat Italian stew if I make it tonight or I will get a rice and bean burrito with guacamole, hot sauce, salsa. I am not sure because I already ate the high sodium soup from Panera so I would rather eat something I make with less sodium. We will see how the rest of the day goes. Also I have to stop at Whole Foods and pick up some supplies to make this soup and salad for the weekend. I will gauge my mood by how aggravating the trip to Whole Foods is then I will decide if I will make the soup tonight or not. ETL is so difficult on weekends, lets see how I do.

1 comment:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Good Luck, cheezy! You've got the right mindset with all the meal planning, it always helps when you're trying to keep with it. Your smoothie sounds delightful - I'm also a fan of kale in them.