Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mock Tuna Sandwiches


I made mock tuna sandwiches with oven fries and green beans. I adapted the recipe from The Peaceful Palate and VwaV. Here is what I did


1 can of chicpeas

3 Tbsp of Veganiase

2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar

2 tsp onion powder

1 tbsp garlic flakes

1/2 cup shredded carrot

salt

black pepper

2 tbsp nutritional yeast

chopped celery (how much you want)

green onion (however much you want)

chopped pickles (to taste)


I mashed chicpeas with a potato masher and then added the rest of the ingredients. I put this mock tuna on two slices of sodium free Ezekial sprouted grain bread with raw collard greens. The oven fries where russet potatoes I sliced up and sprayed with a little extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt & paprika. I think I may leave out the apple cidar vinegar next time, I just don't like the taste of it. Otherwise it was all pretty good.

No comments: