Thursday, November 09, 2006

My camera is MIA!

I got a gorgeous camera for Chirstmas last year and it is missing. I have been dying to take pics of all the cooking I have been doing but I can't, so I will proceed to just chat about what I made.

This past weekend I made an Indian dish called Pindi Chana that Eric Marcus suggested on his podcast. So me and my cheeze(fiance) had a romantic dinner by candlelight on Saturday. Saturday we took a trip to a Indian Store in Cambridge called "Shalimar" they had everything I needed for the recipe and it was cheap. I got coriander seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, aeosfida, paan, garam masala, and tamarind all for under $10. I was so excited.

Anyway we also went to Whole Foods and got some Samosa and Pakora for apps. THose were very tasty. But the naan we got was so incredible, it was sweet like molasses. I could not get enough of it.

Now for the Pindi Chana it was incredible. There was a very unique taste to it, it was nothing like I have ever tasted. It was very rich in flavor so I could not eat to much of it. But it was a magical dish. Cheeze added chicken to his since he is totally anti-vegan. I wish I could have gotten a pic of this meal. Also ghee was called for in the recipe and instead I just doubled up on the olive oil.

No comments: