Monday, November 13, 2006

Oat Bran Breakfast

I want to share a quick and tasty breakfast idea with you. I make this a lot on the weekends when I need something really quick, really tasty, and healthy. I am not one for measuring ingredients so I tend to be very vague with measurements, just bear with me.

1/3 cup oat bran
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp Earth Balance
couple splashed of plain soy milk
salt to taste

I nuke the oat bran with about a cup of water, once it is done I mix the rest of the ingredients in with the oat bran and it tastes like a cheesy polenta I used to eat. This breakfast is my default breakfast for example when I had a late night and proceed to sleep until noon on Saturday and need a hearty breakfast to get me going on my Saturday chores. I did not want to take a picture of this breakfast it is not very photogenic but it is tasty. My boyfriend watches me as I make it and each time he asks me "what is that? Sawdust?" each time I have to remind him that, "No, it is nutritional yeast." Which then is followed by a look of utter disgust because of the word "yeast." Oh well, more for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool idea...I've never thought to make a cheezy polenta version!